Due to the restrictions in place because of the Coronavirus, Boys’ Brigade meetings, events and activities are currently suspended across London. Please keep an eye on the Boys Brigade UK Website for the latest advice and information for Boys’ Brigade Companies & Battalions.
Below is the latest information that has been sent out by the trustees regarding upcoming events & activities. Further information will be sent out when necessary.
Dear District Leader,
I am sure you will have seen the email yesterday from BBHQ advising of the latest update and advice to companies, Battalions and Districts on the need to suspend meeting and the running of events during the current Coronavirus outbreak.
In light of the guidance from HQ, and with the messaging by the UK government, the trustees wanted to communicate with members of the District to update you on how this impacts the events arranged by the District that will be coming up over the next few months:
- The Queen’s Badge Completion Course, due to take place this weekend, has been cancelled and will be rearranged to take place on a weekend later in the year. We understand those young people in Year 13 will be able to obtain the award this session without needing to attend a completion course. BBHQ are working on a Frequently Asked Questions document that will address this in more detail so please look out for this on the website for more information. Any young people booked to attend this will receive a refund where the payment has been processed.
- The Jack Petchey Celebration event due to the take place on Saturday 28th March 2020 has been cancelled and the foundation will be looking at an alternative date, although this will depend on their capacity to hold these. Once we have additional information, we will of course share this with you.
- The London District Council meeting on Thursday 14th May 2020 will be rearranged to a later date.
- Life to the Max and Life to the Max EXTRA, taking place over the weekend of Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st June 2020 will also be postponed in 2020 and will be rescheduled for 2021. Any companies who had already booked and made payment will receive a refund in the coming days.
- Any competitions advertised on the website will also be suspended, although if companies have already completed those that were to be done in their own company (i.e. bible quiz, ten-pin bowling), please send the results in as usual and an announcement on the outcome will be sent accordingly.
The trustees have not taken the decision to cancel or postpone any events lightly, and the safety of the young people and leaders has been at the forefront of any decisions that have been taken. I am sure everyone understands and appreciates the need to follow the guidance that has been given and to manage the situation accordingly.
Last, but by no means least, now is a time for thoughtful prayer and collective support for our fellow neighbours. Despite all of the uncertainty the outbreak has brought and will continue to bring, let’s look after one another and stick together. Keep an eye out for those you know, make sure they are okay and help them where you can if they are not. With a strong sense of community and Christian spirit, I am certain the Boys’ Brigade can be a beacon of light in these challenging times.
Finally, stay safe, listen to any advice provided by HQ and keep those impacted in your prayers.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to get in contact. Stephen will continue to be working over the coming weeks and available via phone and email to communicate with you and provide support.
On behalf of the trustees,