Celebrating staff and volunteers who go ‘the extra mile’ to support young people!
The Jack Petchey Foundation Leader Awards scheme highlights and recognises the incredible commitment of adults who work with schools and youth organisations and are dedicated to supporting young people. The awards give young people the chance to say ‘thank you’ to these incredible adults!
The scheme is run in a similar way to the Young Persons Award Scheme, and requires the involvement of young people in selecting a leader who has inspired and supported them within their Boys’ Brigade company. Like the young people who win the awards, leaders are also invited to the Jack Petchey Awards Ceremony to celebrate their hard work and to receive their certificate and medallion in front of their friends and family.
How do I nominate a leader for the award?
There are up to six awards available per calendar year and nominations must be submitted to London District via our online form. As part of the nomination, you will need to explain why you are nominating the leader for this award, how the nomination fits with The Boys’ Brigade’s Vision, Mission & Values and how your young people have been involved with the selection and nomination process.
Nomination forms can be submitted at any point between 1st January and 30th November (nominations received by London District after the 30th November, will be submitted for the following year). Leaders can only be nominated if they have not previously achieved a Jack Petchey Leaders Award.
Whilst in previous years, only one nomination could be received per Battalion – this restriction has been lifted and there is no limit to the number of nominations that can be received from a Battalion or Company. However, please bear in mind that there are a limited number of awards available per calendar year.
Leader Award Grants
Within six months of receiving the award, leaders are able to apply for a small grant of up to £1000 to assist with the implementation of a project which will enhance their work with their Company or Battalion. The project could include the cost of new equipment or to pay for activities on a residential event.
If you or one of your leaders are eligible for a small grant under this scheme, please be aware of the following conditions:
- Applications for the small grant should be made directly to The Boys’ Brigade in London using our online form.
- Applications can only be made to London District at any time within six months of achieving your Leaders Award. The deadline for submitting your application will be outlined when you are notified of the acceptance of your Leaders Award Nomination.
- The total project cost cannot exceed £5,000 and the maximum grant available is £1000.
- Projects cannot start until you receive written approval of your application.
- You have 12 months from the date of approval to complete the project.
- Young People must be involved with the decision making process.
- The grant application must state how the project will benefit your young people.
- An online report and photos, along with receipts will need to be submitted following the completion of the project.
The application process is extremely simple but if you would like any advice on completing the form or whether your project is eligible for a grant, please contact us.