The Ten Pin Bowling is a ‘play at home’ event with companies able to compete at any time between September and end of April each session. With both an individual and a team competition to enter, why not combine this with a Battalion or Company event to make this even more competitive and exciting?
The rules for this years competition are as follows:
- The Ten Pin Bowling competition is a “play at home” event, so it can be run by Companies or Battalions at their own local bowling alley.
- Teams may consist of no less than 3 and no more than 6 members of Company Section or Senior age. Girls who are members of linked Girls’ Association or Amicus groups may take part as part of a Company team, following the same age limits.
- Each Company may enter as many teams as they wish. Joint teams are not permitted. If a Company only has 1 or 2 members able to take part then they may be entered as individuals but will not be included in the team competition.
- Each player must complete one game of 10 frames (no barriers). At the end of the game please ask the bowling alley staff for print outs of the score sheets and ask for them to be signed to confirm the scores have not been adjusted.
- Players should enter their full names and not just their initials.
- The top 3 scoring players from each team will have their scores added together to form that team’s score in the competition.
- Any ties will be broken firstly by total number of strikes, followed by total number of spares.
- Games must take place between 1st September 2020 and 30th April 2021 inclusive, at all times following relevant guidance as per The Boys’ Brigade UK Website.
- Score sheets should be scanned and emailed to Tom Boorman, London District Competitions Convenor, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th May 2021. Late entries will not be considered in the results. The results will be announced within two weeks of the closing date.
- Medals will be awarded for the highest scoring individual and for the members of the winning team. The London District Ten Pin Bowling trophy will also be awarded to the winning Company by a convenient means. It is the responsibility of the winning Company to have the trophy engraved and to return it to the Competitions Convenor before the closing date of the following session’s competition.
Please click here for a downloadable version of the rules.
If you would like to review the 2019-2020 results, please click here.